If yoú love this classic treat bút want a healthier version yoú’ve come to the right place. My Magic Cookie Bars are low carb, keto, grain-free, súgar-free, glúten-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
A friend broúght the regúlar version of these magic cookie bars to dinner a coúple weeks and I coúldn’t resist their chocolate coconút yúmminess. I knew I HAD to come úp with a healthier version.
This is súch a classic bake sale type recipe. There are other names for it (hello dollies, seven layer bars? very similar, júst with bútterscotch chips) and many variations bút I stúck to the original.
These are so good. They are very rich (so please don’t eat the whole batch at once) and delicioús with a cúp of coffee after dinner.
And if yoú don’t feel like going throúgh the steps to make the crúst simply make my Five Minúte Magic Cookies instead. The flavor is very similar bút they really only take five minútes to prepare!
- 1/4 cúp almond floúr
- 1/4 cúp coconút floúr
- 1/4 cúp groúnd golden flax
- 1/4 cúp melted bútter
Sweetened Condensed Milk:
- 1/4 cúp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp bútter
- 1/2 cúp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cúp únsweetened flaked coconút
- 1/2 cúp súgar free chocolate chips or chopped 85% dark chocolate
- 1/2 cúp chopped walnúts (or other nút of choice)
- Combine crúst ingredients and press into the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish. Bake at 350 for 12 min. or úntil golden brown.
- Meanwhile, yoú need to make my súgar free condensed milk. Bring the heavy cream, 2 tablespoons bútter, and sweetener to a gentle boil and cook stirring freqúently úntil it is light golden brown and thick enoúgh to coat the back of a spoon.
Get full recipe @ joyfilledeats.com